Wednesday, June 17, 2009

You can just borrow a swimsuit from Manuel's Mom

THURSDAY NIGHT OFF
Have the night off so I head to Castiglion and wonder around…taking a few photos. This town really is so adorable. I see why so many Americans move back here after being students. Have I said how many former students have married Italians and live here? Crazy. Looks like if I just stayed here long enough I could snag me a husband! Too bad that’s not what I'm looking for!

After lunch I went to the public pool with Vanessa and another guy John that works at the school. I forgot a swimsuit…to which Vanessa said I could just borrow one from Manuels mom. Haha. Why not? She had a few one piece options…black, blue, and then this crazy one from god knows when with bright colors and “Bahai” written all over it. Of course I had to wear that one! It was pretty skimpy in the back too, low cut and just a few strings! Ha.

I was going to stick out anyway at the pool with all the Italians, might as well not only be the whitest but the loudest dressed! Actually, dressing louder than Italians is quite a feat. Pretty sure I accomplished it!

You have to pay for the pool, kind of expensive but it was really nice. Plush grass with chairs and umbrellas. You can’t go in the pool without a swimming cap! Haha. Italians and their weird hygiene things. (though some are pretty hairy!)

So we just laid around for a couple of hours, of course took a snack break, and I knew better…but didn’t put on any sunscreen! I know! Not wise for me. I got pretty pink. We weren’t out in the worst heat of the day though. It was really nice, there was a good breeze so not many people and it was just enough to keep you comfortable and not all sweaty! I’ll have to go back again! In my own swimsuit! Though my borrowed one was pretty amazing!

haha. swimsuit was too amazing to not be documented so I took a shot before bed! btw the burn looks way worse then it was. didnt even peel!


We had dinner at the school and hung around a bit before going back to sleep at V’s. Met the rest of Manuel’s family. (Vanessa’s bf). His brother is married to a girl from Colorado and they have two kids. The kids sang some songs for us (in Italian and English) and headed out.

Vanessa gave me directions for a few stops in Florence…her and manuel are driving to the beach tomorrow. I cant take weekend days off because its just too hectic at lignano! I'm excited about going to Florence though. Want to just wonder but I have a few shopping needs! And I have not done ANY shopping since I got here! Might be a record for me….