Saturday and Sunday 27-28
Not much more eventful then the last the previous two days. Crazy storm rolled through on Saturday that blew out one of the fridges in the restaurant. 2000 euro. Sucks. Alice was NOT happy.
With the crappy weather…I just started re-reading the 7th Harry Potter. Read it all in pretty much one long sitting like a nerd the first weekend it came out two summers ago. So I wore my sweats, curled up in bed and read all day Saturday. Very nice.
Sunday was a beautiful day but not crazy packed up here with the bad weather we had the day before. Elia and I just played outside all day. He was pretty good. For dinner we had pasta, crustini (bread with some sort of meaty topping), fresh mozzarella di bufala, oh and Elia ate (bit, chewed, and swallowed) a good portion of his napkin. He thought it was funny. I did not so much. I also did not think the three dirty diapers I changed today were funny. Really? 3 times.
Dirty diapers aren’t that big a deal. I don’t really mind…except he sometimes freaks out when you change him and you have to fight him to get him cleaned up and in a new diaper. So im not much a fan of fighting…but if the person I'm fighting is covered in poop…wtf… I forfeit. Except I can’t forfeit….and let the kid spend the day sitting in his own poop…so I have to enter a battle with an opponent covered in poo. Let’s hope this is the only time in my life I am in such a position.
I plan to counteract my last few lazy days with some much more productive ones. Except not tomorrow. We have now established that Mondays are worthless and I will not waste my energies trying to go anywhere on Mondays. But after that…
maybe redo some shopping time in Arezzo and visit Cortona. Its right around the corner and I have not gone yet.
I also might explore what my scooter trip options are. I really enjoy scooting so maybe there are some easy places to visit by scooter. As long as the directions are simple I wouldn’t mind taking my scooter for a Tuscan countryside trip.
Also I will be working everyday this week and transferring my night off to the following week. Vanessa and the RCs have a ten day break so I'm going to take two nights off to go the Cinque terre with the girls. It’s gorgeous. Five little towns on the coast are linked my walking trails. It’s amazing and I’m super excited!
June 25-26
Very mellow days. Just hung around Lignano and read a lot. Not great weather. A bit chilly and looking threatening rain. Makes for a quiet day with very few visitors. Elia has been really good the last few days. I really enjoy him when he is sweet. Been really tired though. I usually have more energy for Elia in the evenings if I was actually more active during the day. When I just lay around and read and get sun…I'm usually dragging a bit with him. And you can’t really drag with a two year old. He doesn’t allow it!