Woke up and went to get my hair cut at manuel’s family’s salon (manuel is vanessa’s boyfriend and the family I stay with when I sleep in town…love his mom). His brother Ramon cut my hair. Really like him. Very funny and sweet…really makes an effort with his English. He is married to Brit from Colorado and they have two kids. I met them another night that I stayed at v’s.
I said I wanted to keep the length but he could do whatever from there. He said he was going to cut only one or two inches…an hour later and lots of talking and cutting…my hair just got shorter and shorter. He probably took 6 off. Eh. No big deal. Its about what it was the last time I came to Italy. Still nothing drastic. Lighter, some layers. He did really well with the bangs. Really like them…maybe my fav bangs I’ve had.
He spent about 20 minutes styling it…to which I said…I'm about to just put on a scooter helmet…."oh no. you take my car!” Ha ha
Went to lunch at the school before heading back to Lignano.........So I made a decision somewhat about staying. Nothing is at all set and we have no idea that it would work out. V and I have only talked. She has not talked to anyone at the school. But I did say I would stay to work in the fall but I didn’t think it would be good for me to stay till may. So we will see. It might not work out. The job overlaps with my nanny job…and they might need someone that can commit for a whole year and not just a semester. So we will see!
Another reason Siesta is a pain in my ass. Scooter gas. I tried to ask what kind and what I should do about getting gas but Alfonzo said for me just to go when the attendant is there and let him put it in.
BUT THEY ARE GONE FOR A CHUNK OF THE DAY…and this chunk is usually when I need gas.
You can pay a machine and get your own gas but I thought that the minimum might be ten euro and the scooter barely holds five.
Due palle.
Of course V to the rescue. After lunch I really needed gas so she went with me to make sure I figured it out. We called Manuel to make sure what type of gas and the min. was five euro. Didn’t quite get the whole five in. Got a credit back for 25 cents. Already have no clue where I stuck that. Oh well. I got gas though!
I think it’s kind of funny that I can ride a scooter up and down a mountain…catch trains and buses on my own but what was I worried the most about…putting gas in the damn thing!
Well now that’s figured out! Yay!