Thursday, August 6, 2009

A three year old took off his shoe and threw it at my head…gotta love kids

Tuesday June 30

So I wanted to go somewhere today but Alice said last night that we would go to the top of Lignano in the morning. Got up early….got dressed…10…11…12 oclock. Guess not. Little annoyed because Ive spent a little too much time indoors and was anxious to leave for the day. Rain keeps rolling through during the afternoons. This rainy summer is unusual for them.
Oh well. I’ll go tomorrow.
Spent the day going through travel books and looking at things to do in some of the surrounding cities. Christine gave me “The Little Black Book of Florence” so I went through there and mapped out places I want to go…shopping and food wise of course. The museums and tourist sites are a madhouse right now…Tried to go see a photography exhibit at The Academy (where The David is)…LINE WAS INSANE!
playground photography
Dedo returned to play in the evening. Yippie. In his usually fashion he actually took off his shoe and threw it at my head. I took a little more active role tonight and started telling Dedo no…don’t do that…don’t do that or not to play with Elia” That’s about all I can manage to get across in my Italian. Dedo is not use to combo English – Italian – charades like Elia is.