Man I'm not missing that Texas heat! Sorry to all those suffering that hundred and something blaze! Crazy… With all this rain they are having a much cooler summer here then usually. Guess I shouldn’t complain about the rain too much.
So I headed to Castiglion nice and early for the Friday morning market. It was packed! Way more stuff then when I was here as a student…again must be because its summer. The market is stalls and stalls selling all assortments of food, clothes, shoes, housewares…etc. I'm going for a beach towel and actually limited my purchasing to just that. (I don’t like buying clothes without trying them on)
Stopped in and said hi to V…was driving by the school on my way out and the door was open. She invited me to lunch but told Alice I would be back. Stopped by the grocery store for beach snacks. Friday mornings are NOT the time to head to the COOP. Everyone is probably out doing what I was…market and groceries. I got raisons, nuts, and granola bars…(an exercise in self control since there is pretty much an entire aisle of surprisingly tasty prepackaged pastries)
Got a run in before lunch. One productive morning for me! This is proof that the summer heat is not that bad…I was able to run for over an hour at noon in july! They think I'm crazy and its too hot for me to running outside. I went and looked up the conversion so I could tell them how hot it is in Texas. A and A both just looked shocked. Alice said “oh no, no, no I could NEVER live in Texas. This is not possible.”
They also live without A.C. in this country so it’s hard to comprehend functioning in that kind of heat.
Sat with Alice after lunch discussing having children. They really did not plan on having any..of course they are happy now…but they were happy with out too. Ive already said that I don’t KNOW that I want children. So if I don’t want a life about my children…and I don’t want to have a life about my career…What do I want to do? Ha. This is how I'm spending much of my time here! Pondering things I have no idea about and maybe not much control over. But I think I can set goals for myself and a direction that I want to try out.
Anyways…
Went for that scooter ride I’ve been trying for the last few afternoons. Up the mountain and down the other side. OH my amazing! It is one of the most gorgeous, peaceful drives I’ve ever been on. AND it drops me in Arezzo at the end!
Why has no one mentioned this?
a lil view from the scooter
I don’t drive to Arezzo because the only route I knew was big scary highway. Down the backside of the mountain is one of the most enjoyable drives and gets me to Arezzo NOT via Highway Scooting. Though, once there, this means driving in traffic, street lights, one way streets…and we all know how great my sense of direction is. Maybe I should keep taking the train to Arezzo. But I'm sure I’ll brave it one day. Why not? I’d say what’s the worst that could happen?...but the worst that could happen is I kill myself on a scooter so…..
I also plan on figuring out what other places are in scooting distance.
I really enjoy my time with Breezer!