So my only fireworks were the ones I doodled in my journal around the date on the morning train.
Arezzo has a once a month antique market that is a pretty big deal. The shops display all out in the streets and people hall in from all over! It’s AMAZING! When I came as a student it wasn’t near a large in the colder months and was mostly antiques I could far from afford or fit into any suitcase. A bit of a bummer but still fun to look!
This time there is SO SO much set up that you really get a mix of amazing antiques, to great midcentury modern (drool), to just plain oddball collections and junk, and even some just crafty items. I was in heaven…especially with all the great vintage pieces…oh what I would do with giant shipping crate and a bit more funding! Again fun to look. I barely skimmed…there was just so much…and I was looking for fun little purchases for myself and keepsakes to remember my time here (my version of tourist souvenirs). I really have not done much shopping so it was good that Alice is late paying me and I have a limited amount in my wallet. I love artwork so I had a good time searching out stuff I could actually afford.
I bought an oil of the interior of a church…its pale with lots of blues, and grays. Really liked it. I also picked up another that had a Tuscan countryside feel to it (though the background mountains are gray not green). Still I really liked it! I also bought a (guaranteed original…I guess guaranteed by the guy selling it) 50’s lifesavors advertisement. So cute and liked the Italian written on. The lifesavors are the numbers on a rotary dial phone and it says something like “every number is a good one” It also list out the flavors in Italian and English. I chatted with the guy selling it too…very nice old man. He wanted to know where the prints new home would be…very excited it would make it all the way to Texas.
So it was a really great day that inspired a weird reaction out of me…I think it was the combination of a few shops (selling midcentury furniture) that excited me so much and the photography exhibit…but I just went off journaling about what I want to do career goal wise in the future.
Haha Emily caught the long rambling email about this later!
We are planning our future shop, architecture office, photography, cook booking, garden herbing, midcentury lamp, gallery….business combination extradinaire. I'm tired of having this list of things I wish I could do with my life. Why not just do them? Boring myself in an architecture firm will be my temporary job while I figure out how to manage all these other things. I want so much to just LOVE what I'm doing everyday and get depressed at the thought of a mediocre office job for the rest of my life. Why do we commit ourselves to such things?
I know I have to make a steady living but whats the point if you aren’t living? Haha. Ok again…a little glimpse into my cheesy soul-searching Italy contemplation time.
Ok..Im also watching Elia in all these evening but I'm writing these blogs in retrospect from my journal…which is usually not written at midnight after having watched him…so a lot of my time with him doesn’t get written about as much. Nothing too exciting. We just play outside and have a little routine. He is still being quite the handful! Worst at meal times! We are thinking of starting a time out chair for punishment since he just ignores the word no!