July 18 – Saturday
Ran, showered, and dressed just in time to be sitting outside reading when V, Anthony, his visitng friend, and John showed up for lunch. Always a good surprise; good company.
After they left I was still anxious to do something so I thought I’d give scooting around Arezzo a shot (I usually take the train there from CF). Took the back way scenic route and as I feared…a few turns, some round abouts, one way streets…and I was ALL KINDS OF TURNED AROUND! Wondered a bit, made it back to where I started and did a better job following the signs to the train station this time. Now getting back is tricky..NO SIGNS. It was afternoon so I just went into ZARA (one of the few shops open). Everything is on sale right now so I picked up just some basic items (2 tanks and a t). Boredom shopping is always trouble!
As expected finding my way back to the road I come in on was a little tricky….but I finally got it after a detour through a neighborhood. Not scary, I had been worried about driving with traffic, stop lights, turn abouts (the big circular turns in the center of intersections)….but I managed. This really opens a lot up because Arezzo has a lot to do and now I can just pop on over easily.